Shakespeare’s Stratford–upon–Avon Tour
- Visit Shakespeare's hometown and discover all the places that inspired him
- Explore the pristine gardens and historic rooms of Anne Hathaway's thatched house, a fine example of Tudor architecture
- Pay your respects to the Bard at his final resting place
The tour leaves London and heads directly to Stratford-upon-Avon, taking a mid-trip pit stop to break up the journey.
On this tour you will discover Shakespeare’s birthplace, eat at local restaurants, visit the Royal Shakespeare Company’s Theatre, and wander along beautiful waterways. After you’ve had your fill of famous Shakespeare quotes and culture, it’s time to see Anne Hathaway’s Cottage. The gorgeous gardens here feel a million miles away from Shakespeare’s bloody tragedies. And for the final act, you will visit the Holy Trinity Church, an incredible parish church and the home of Shakespeare’s grave.
At the end of the tour, drive back to London with a final mid-trip pit stop.
- Transport to and from Stratford-upon-Avon by a 16-seat Mercedes mini-coach
- Services of an experienced driver and guide
- Entrance fees to attractions
- Meals and refreshments
When you get there
The London departure point is located at stand 3 in the Greenline Coach Station, Bulleid Way, Victoria, SW1W 9SH. This is located directly behind Victoria Train Station and diagonally across from Victoria Coach Station*. Arriving by train or underground - Victoria Train and Underground Station is the closest station to the departure point. You can access the Greenline Coach Station by going through the upstairs food court in Victoria Station next to platform 14 and out the rear exit or by going outside the station and walking down Buckingham Palace Road which runs alongside Victoria Train Station. Arriving by taxi - request to be dropped-off at the corner of Buckingham Palace Road and Elizabeth Bridge. Once you arrive at the Greenline Coach Station, look for the Colonnade Walk sign and take the ramp up to the subway restaurant and turn left. *Please note that this tour does not depart from Victoria Coach Station.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Each traveler is restricted to 14 kilograms (31lbs) of luggage per person on the tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag, approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm or 22in x 17in x 10in, plus a small bag for onboard personal items
• This small-group tour has a maximum of 16 participants, allowing for more personal service, more time with locals, more time off the bus, more time on the back roads and a more authentic, friendly experience
• With time off the bus you'll have the opportunity to take nature walks. It is recommended that you wear clothing and footwear suitable for the tour
• Return time to London is approximately 7:15 PM