Secret Gardens of London Full-Day Tour
- Explore the secret gardens and green spaces of London
- Go to the London Garden Museum by Lambeth Palace
- Tour the Chelsea Physic Garden and learn more about the medicinal uses of the plants
- Pop into hidden gardens behind city churches
- Enjoy a visit to the John Soane Museum in Lincoln's Inn Fields
- Enjoy High Tea at Kensington Palace
Starting at Trafalgar Square at the entrance to St. Martin-in-the-Fields Church, peek into the grounds of the nearby St. Paul's Artist Church, designed by Inigo Jones. Behind the church, opposite the Covent Garden entrance, is a lovely rose garden. Next head towards the delightful Lincoln's Inn Fields, London's largest city square, built in the 17th century.
Adjacent is the John Soane Museum, home to many beautiful antiques, including some charming garden statuary. Walk through the square's bamboo garden to Temple Gardens, hidden amongst the Inns of Court.
Drive to the Embankment, crossing the River Thames to the London Garden Museum. Excellent displays and a lovely knot garden from the 1600s await, as does a relaxing café, where you can refresh yourself with a cup of tea or coffee.
The next garden on your tour is the famous Chelsea Physic Garden, established in 1673 and known for its apothecary plants and trees. One of their own gardener guides will walk you through the garden oasis, just a stone's throw from Sloane Square.
Finally, go to Kensington Palace for a traditional English High Tea in an atmosphere of authentic British charm, and a visit of the surrounding gardens, including the beautiful sunken garden in the Palace grounds.
- Transportation by one of London's charming black cabs
- Informative and entertaining guide
- All admission fees
- English High Tea
- Additional tea/coffee and snacks
When you get there
Meet your guide at the front entrance to St. Martin-in-the-Fields Church, Trafalgar Square. The church is located on the east side of the square, just across from the National GalleryOpen in Google Maps ⟶