Stonehenge, Salisbury Cathedral & Bath Tour from London
- See 3 of the West Country of England's most significant sights on 1 tour
- Visit the magnificent Salisbury Cathedral and see the Magna Carta
- Explore the mysteries behind the legendary stone circle of Stonehenge
- Get a panoramic tour of Georgian Bath
- Enjoy afternoon tea at Salisbury Cathedral
World renowned for housing 1 of only 4 surviving copies of The Magna Carta, Salisbury Cathedral also boasts the oldest working clock in Europe, a magnificent chronometer that dates back to 1386.
The cathedral was the inspiration behind Ken Follett's bestseller "The Pillars of the Earth,” and is an international symbol of Christianity. At 404 feet (123 meters), its spire is the tallest in England. Once inside, explore the Cathedral's graceful proportions and elegant art works. The tour includes a visit to The Chapter House to see one of only 4 surviving copies of the historic Magna Carta.
Enjoy a sumptuous afternoon tea in the beautifully quaint Bell Tower Tea Rooms overlooking the North Lawn of the Cathedral. This elegant afternoon tea includes sandwiches, scones, jam and a delicate selection of cakes and fancies, complete with teas, coffees and juices.
Continue to mysterious Stonehenge. Comprising of huge 40 ton stones that were dragged 5,000 years ago from a distance of over 280 miles away in Wales, who built it and why remains a mystery. Some say that it was built as a religious temple, or an astronomical clock. Whatever its purpose, Stonehenge continues to enthrall the imagination and captivate the heart of every visitor.
Your next stop is the beautiful Georgian city of Bath, which justly deserves its status as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Explore its delightful terraces, elegant crescents, and stunning architecture, on a panoramic tour of the city. You will see Bath Abbey, and Pulteney Bridge, modeled on the Ponte Vecchio in Florence. Enjoy free time to explore this beautiful city at your leisure.
During the walking sections of this tour, guests will use the state of the art VOX Radioguide system. Each guest is issued with a personal headset, ensuring they never miss a word of the guide's commentary.
- Admission and guided tour of Salisbury Cathedral and Magna Carta (if option selected)
- Afternoon tea at Salisbury Cathedral (if option selected)
- Entry to Stonehenge (if option selected)
- Interactive audio guide and map at Stonehenge