Southampton to London via Downton Abbey & Cotswolds
- Take advantage of door-to-door service from your cruise ship to your London accommodation, Heathrow airport or selected Heathrow hotels
- Make the most of the services of an expert, friendly guide
- Enjoy a delicious 2-course lunch in a traditional Cotswold pub, dating back to 1402
Thanks to the abundance of beautiful old houses in the Cotswolds it has often been used as a place for period dramas on film and TV. Your first stop is the charming village of Bampton which many of you will recognize as the village of Downton from the hit TV series "Downton Abbey". Here you can stroll around the village green and visit the church where a lot of major events took place on screen. See the Cottage Hospital, the post office, and Mrs Crawley's house.
Drive along meandering lanes and rolling hills to the beautiful village of Burford where the ancient stone cottages seem to cascade down to the River Windrush. After a guided walk, you will enter an old tavern built in 1402 to have a delicious lunch amongst the old stone floors and wood fires.
Continuing on your scenic drive you will head further northwards, arriving at Stow on the Wold with history going back to Roman times. Its vast market square would have held livestock fairs where up to 20,000 sheep would have been bought and sold. Visit the charming 16th century church and the Roman Wells. Stroll down the narrow alleys designed to keep the sheep in the square and the cold north wind out!
Afterwards, continue your exploration of the Cotswolds, this time heading eastwards to take you to Heathrow airport and London to be dropped at your designated hotel or airport terminal.
- Door-to-door service by executive coach
- 2-course lunch in a traditional pub
- Expert guide
- Drop-off at any London city centre in zone one hotels
- Drop-off at selected Heathrow airport terminals
- Drop-off at selected London mainline train stations
- Food and drink other than lunch
Prepare for the activity
The tour guide will be waiting from 8:00 AM outside the customs exit of your cruise ship (if your ship is Royal Caribbean, Oceania, NCL, Celebrity, Cunard, Princess or Azamara). Your vehicle will depart at 8:30 AM. Please be at the vehicle at least 15 minutes prior to this.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• This service is also available to passengers on other ships not listed when dates and arrival times coincide with the ships listed. Please note you will need to make your own way to the ship the tour is servicing on that date.
• Each person is allowed a maximum of 2 items of hold luggage at 23kg each and two items of carry-on luggage at 10kg each.
• Should you wish to bring any mobility aids (wheelchairs or walkers) you must contact the local supplier in advance to let them know. They will require full dimensions and weight. These items must be able to be folded and stored in the luggage hold. Wheelchairs must be counted as one item of your hold luggage.