London: The Changing of the Guard Experience
- Learn everything you need to know about the tradition of the changing of the guards
- Discover the best place to watch the changing of the guards
- Experience a London tradition with a local guide
You will see how the soldiers in place are “relieved” of their position in a very particular way, while accompanied by a military fanfare. The soldiers have protected the King or Queen of England since the reign of Henry VII, who established the Royal Body Guard as a permanent institution. The tradition has since continued for more than 500 years.
All of the guards are dressed in a traditional red tunic partnered with an easily recognizable bearskin helmet. The music that accompanies the changing of the guard can be either military or more contemporary, an attraction that is not to be missed.
- English-speaking guide
- Headsets when appropriate
- Hotel pick-up and drop off