London Literary Walking Tour (Bloomsbury)
Pick-up serviceMeet at your central London hotel (zone 1) or mutually convenient tube station and then travel by Underground to the starting point.
- Visit the homes of some of the biggest names in English literature
- Experience the neighbourhood that attracted writers from across the world
- Learn about some of the classic works that were created in Bloomsbury
- From romance to tragedy, the Bloomsbury tour has it all
On this tour you will visit the homes of a number of world-renowned writers, see the largely unchanged neighborhoods that they lived in and which helped form some of the greatest works of literature of all time. Just some of the places you will visit include the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood, Charles Darwin and the Suffragette Millicent Garrett Fawcett. You'll see the building that inspired George Orwell and his Ministry of Truth in 1984. Learn about the tragic life of Virginia Woolf, a prominent member of the Bloomsbury Group and the location of where Sir Arthur Conan Doyle invented the famous sleuth Sherlock Holmes and why he never liked his famous detective.
Such luminaries as Gertrude Stein, Aleister Crowley, Charles Dickens, Oscar Wilde and WB Yeats round off the tour, not forgetting J M Barrie whose wonderful story of Peter Pan continues to help a world-famous children’s hospital in London to this day.
- Private guided tour
- Entrance to Charles Dickens House Museum
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
You might also like...
Product ID: 79890