London: Clerkenwell Private Walking Tour
- Enjoy visiting Clerkenwell with a professional, local guide who knows its way around London unlike anyone else, showing you hidden gems
- Learn about London's history through its beautiful streets and architecture
- See one of the oldest churches and houses in London
- Sample the sights, sounds, smells, and tastes of the Medieval London
- Hear gruesome stories, tales of terrible punishments and historic anecdotes
- Discover the dark, secret side of one of the oldest cities in the modern world
Enjoy a fully customized experience from the moment you reserve, with flexible start times. London is best experienced on foot, exploring the winding streets without being subject to traffic. All the tour is done on foot but you set the pace and you can stop everywhere you want. Your guide will recount exciting stories from London's past and present, show you incredible London landmarks and hidden gems, get to know you to add in extra touches to make the tour even more unique, take photos for you at any time, suggest dining and shopping locations. There is simply no better experience. Also, the guide will give you entertaining, both French and English, historical context.
You will take a walk through Clerkenwell's most beautiful secret places and will get off the usual tourist track and avoid the typical tour guide banter. Explore the medieval punishments, feasts, inventions, trials. You will discover ancient churches and crypts, old wells. Learn about London's medieval disasters (fires, plagues, wars, riots, etc.) which shaped the City and its inhabitants (Normans, Jews, English, Irish, even French!). Funny anecdotes about famous people, relations between French and English, origins of French and English idioms all along. The tour starts around 10:00 am or 2:00 pm at Farringdon station.
- Private guided tour
- Professional French guide who has studied London’s history and lives in London
- Walking tour (other transportation can be arranged at additional cost)
- Meals and drinks
- Attraction and museum admission fees
- Tips/Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses