London: Private Guided Tour of the British Museum
- Touch the legendary Rosetta Stone and be transported back to the ancient Mediterranean
- Discover how the Ancient Greeks defined beauty
- Investigate how technology has transformed the way humans live
- Get an understanding of the nature of money in managing human societies
- Experience war and peace via the Samurai armor from Japan and Elgin Marbles from the Parthenon
Take a 2-hour journey from the glories of European medieval art through the Enlightenment to Ancient Egypt. Travel back to the Roman Empire and explore the great civilizations of the Middle East. See the famous collection of Chinese ceramics by Sir Percival David, along with artifacts from the Inca and Aztec civilizations of the Americas.
Look at magnificent statues from ancient Assyria, Ancient Greece and Ancient Egypt, and nourish your eyes and mind with a wealth of information. By the end of the tour, you will have got an insight into how civilizations are made, how humans used gods, laws and money to organize societies, and how art and technology played crucial roles in the transformation of our very existence.
Get the answer to questions such as: are we the same all over, or are we quite different? What are the similarities and the differences between the civilizations of the East and West? How far have we developed to become more peaceful and prosperous? Where does it all lead?
Like a mirror, history reflects the patterns of human behavior, and history repeats itself. In these turbulent times, with the rise of the East and troubles in the West, it is even more poignant to understand the forces behind the rise and fall of civilizations throughout human history. Nowhere can this be better accomplished than at the British Museum. A short break will be provided in the middle of your tour for refreshments and a toilet break.
- English or Chinese-speaking guide (depending on option booked)
- Bluetooth wireless audio guide equipment available
- Food and beverages
- Hostel/hotel pick-ups
When you get there
Please come in from the South Gate of the British Museum in Great Russel Street, Bloomsbury, London, WC1B 3DG. Your guide will be waiting for you immediately after the security check, near the black Victorian street light facing the steps to the entrance to the museum. If the weather conditions are not suitable for the guide to wait outside, it is likely that the guide will be waiting for you near the information desk inside the Great Court. Please make sure your provide your mobile phone number (with country code) when booking and ensure that you have your phone with you on the day so that your guide can contact you if necessary.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• This tour is suitable for those aged 10 and above
• This tour is not suitable for anyone with a hearing impairment or walking restrictions