British Museum & London Historical Guided Walking Tour
- Learn about Assyrian Lion Hunt reliefs, Lewis Chessmen and Samurai Armour
- See the Houses of Parliament, Trafalgar Square and Whitehall
- Explore London's urban landscape and the British Museum's greatest treasures
After a break for lunch, the discoveries continue in London’s streets. Learn about Chaucer at Westminster Abbey and bump into the Prime Minister at 10 Downing Street. This small group tour will pass through the lush green parks, bustling crowds, and manicured squares that make up this fascinating urban landscape. Discuss Big Ben at the House of Parliament and pass through the famed Trafalgar Square. Guides will share stories about monarchs and leaders, like Queen Elizabeth II and Winston Churchill. Take advantage of your local guide, who will be more than willing to share their favorite addresses as you explore together. And yes, they can even tell you where to go for a pint and some fish and chips – there’s some history to learn there as well!
Highlights generally include: (if artwork is not on loan or being restored etc.) Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, Trafalgar Square, Whitehall, 10 Downing St (Home of British Prime Minister),Westminster Abbey, St James's Park, Churchill’s war cabinet bunker, The Rosetta Stone,Assyrian Lion Hunt reliefs, Parthenon Sculpture, Lewis Chessmen, Oxus Treasure,Royal Game of Ur, Mummy of Katebet and Samurai Armour.
- Professional art historian/guide
- Walking tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
When you get there
Meet by the red telephone booth closest to the main gate of British Museum (outside the gates of the museum by the red telephone booth situated to the left of the main gates of the museum) Note: If you have trouble finding the meeting point please contact your guide. Bring your Valid photo ID. By Car: 51 Great Russell St, London WC1B 3BA, UK (meeting point will be in front of you on the museum side walk outside of the entrance gates)Open in Google Maps ⟶
• A moderate amount of walking is involved
• There will be a lunch break between the museum visit & the walking tour (at your own expense)
• This tour is offered as either a private tour or a semi-private tour (8 guests maximum)