London Canals Walking Tour
Pick-up servicePickup available at any central London hotel (zone 1), proceeding on to the tube to the starting point. Alternatively, outside Edgware Road Underground Station which is the starting point of the tour.
- Enjoying beautiful Little Venice
- Experience the exciting areas around Camden Lock and the market
- See area of old Industrial London that are now centres of leisure
- Photograph some of the most beautiful homes in London alongside the canals
- Watch the boats go by or maybe have a drink, buy some books or have a hair cut on one of them!
Before cars and even trains, London was a canal city like many in Britain were. Then as now, one of the best things about canals is that they take you away from the noise and chaos of the busy streets and opens up areas that you couldn’t reach otherwise. In fact you’d never even know you were in the middle of London.
Canals are enjoying a huge resurgence for social and leisure activities and you will get to see plenty of boats, some even converted into bookshops, cafes or even barbers. Some are used as homes, moored up on the towpath whilst others chug merrily along going about their slow and peaceful business.
- Private Guided Tour
- Transport ticket to and from your hotel
- Optional entry ticket into the London Canal Museum at the end of the walk