From Livingstone & Victoria Falls: Zambezi Half-Day Rafting
Pick-up includedPickup is available from any hotel/ lodge in Livingstone
- Hike down the basalt rocks in the Batoka Gorge
- View the stunning Victoria Falls from below
- Paddle a series of rapids and enjoy pure whitewater adrenaline
- Swim the small rapids of the river on your own
After being picked up from your hotel or lodge in Livingstone, sit back and relax as you drive in air-conditioned comfort to the entrance of Victoria Falls, your starting point for the day. After a comprehensive safety talk from your guide, set off on a small hike down to the Zambezi River where you will pass through spectacular basalt rocks and have the opportunity to take photos of the splendid views. Then, take to the water to start practicing the techniques you will need to tackle the rapids.
Once you are ready, you will tackle the first rapid of the day, 'the Boiling Pot'. Get drenched as you continue through the rapids, riding the Stairway to Heaven, Gulliver's Travel and the Washing Machine in a non-stop heart-pumping adventure down the river. Once you reach the small rapids, you can choose to swim the Zambezi River for a final splash in the water.
Finish the day by hiking back up the gorge where a delicious lunch and refreshments will await you before you transferral back to Livingstone.
- Transfers to and from the activity
- Mineral water and soft drinks
- National park fees (US$10)
- Pregnant women
- People with heart problems
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
• Children under the age of 18 should have the indemnity signed by parents/ guardians
• Pregnant women are not allowed to participate in the rafting
• Travelers with serious health concerns should notify the local tour operator