The Lake District Tour from Liverpool
- Sit back and enjoy a Lake Cruise
- Visit the Hilltop Garden & Shop
- Visit Tarn Hows - a hidden beauty spot
- Enjoy the Lake District's landscapes
- Explore the medieval village of Hawkshead
You will start the Lake District tour by making your way Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway where you will enjoy a Heritage Train ride towards Lakeside. After departing the train, your driver/guide will then take you to the medieval village of Hawkshead, famous for its connection with Beatrix Potter and William Wordsworth. You will have time here to explore the cobbled alleys and get something to eat, from shops to cafe's, galleries and so much more. It's a beautiful village and a highlight of the tour. William Wordsworth's old Grammar School can also be found here, along with St Michael and All Angels Church which overlooks the village of Hawkshead.
Onwards then, to the renowned beauty spot of Tarn Hows, which is one of the most photographed locations in the Lake District. Soak up the stunning views looking towards the mountains at Tarn Hows, before making your way back to Coniston, famous for its links with Arthur Ransome, John Ruskin and the Bluebird Water Speed record. Here you will join the Coniston Launch for a cruise on the lake. Take in the stunning scenery and look out for Brantwood, the former home of social reformer and art critic John Ruskin. As your Lake District tour comes to an end, you will then continue your journey back to Liverpool.
- Lake cruise
- Knowledgeable driver/guide
- Transport in a 16-seater mini-coach
- Food & drink
When you get there
• All passengers must have their own seat
• Timings may vary depending on traffic and weather
• Minimal walking is required but do wear sensible shoes and bring a light raincoat