Full-Day Fatima, Batalha, Nazare and Obidos Tour
Pick-up includedPick-up at your hotel or accommodation in Lisbon
- Visit the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fatima, a center of the Catholic faith and popular pilgrimage destination
- See the Monastery of Batalha, one of the most fascinating Gothic monuments in Europe
- Visit the romantic village of Obidos, known as the wedding present town
- Taste the local berry liqueur known as ginja
Next, your 8-hour tour moves west to the coast, with a stop at Batalha to visit the Batalha Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most fascinating Gothic monuments in Europe. King John I of Portugal built the monastery to give thanks to the Virgin Mary over a battle against Spanish troops in 1385.
After lunch, you’ll visit Sítio, a clifftop village that offers some of the best views in Portugal. From high on the cliffs surrounding Nazaré, you’ll learn about the legend of Nossa Senhora da Nazaré. The statue of Our Lady of Nazaré is one of the oldest Christian art pieces.
Continuing on, you’ll fall in love with the colorful, romantic village of Obidos. Its winding streets and medieval structures, castle walls and handicraft shops make this stop the highlight of the trip for many people. You’ll have the opportunity here to taste the typical liquor of this region known as ginjinha, or simply ginja.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off in Lisbon
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Personal and accident insurance
- 1 Ginja liqueur in small chocolate cup per participant
- Entrance fees