From Lisbon: Full-Day Berlenga Grande Frontier Tour
Pick-up servicePick-up from your hotel or accommodation in Lisbon
- Get away to Berlenga Grande island for a full day
- Relax during a scenic boat crossing from Peniche fishing village to Berlenga Grande, an UNESCO Biosphere Reserve
- Snap photos of the imposing St. John the Baptist Fort
- Make the most of your free time to swim, snorkel, or relax on the beach
- Explore the island’s caves and cliffs by kayaking or in a glass-bottom boat
After your boat drops anchor at the tiny island’s port, you’ll enjoy some free time to pick up refreshments or stretch your legs with a stroll on the beach. Then, board a smaller boat destined for St. John the Baptist Fort (Forte de São João Baptista), a 17th-century fortress built from the ruins of an old monastery. Explore the stronghold with your guide and hear fascinating stories of invasions and pirate sieges. Then, uncover the island’s flora and fauna with a 1-hour walk through the Berlengas Nature Reserve (Reserva Natural das Berlengas).
Back at the port, break for lunch at one of the seafront eateries (own expense) or, if you've brought food with you, have a picnic on the beach. When the time comes, join back up with your group for the cave kayaking excursion. Alternatively, if you’d prefer a less demanding activity, explore the caves in a glass-bottom boat. Afterwards, travel back to Lisbon where your tour concludes.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if private option selected)
- Private driver/guide (if private option selected)
- Transportation by air-conditioned minivan
- Round-trip boat ride
- Food and drinks
- Other extras not mentioned