Countryside Tour: Surfing, Wine and History from Lisbon
Pickup includedPick-up from your preferred location in Sintra, Ericeira, Cascais or Lisbon. Guide will be waiting for you wearing a uniform. You will also be sent a text message before the tour to tell you who your guide for the day will be and their phone number in case of an eventuality.
- Discover Mafra convent, one of Portugal's most important sights
- Learn all about Portugal’s ancient customs at José Franco’s village
- Enjoy the best ocean views at the first world surfing reserve in Europe
- Taste amazing wines with a tour at a unique local winery & cellar
After Mafra venture to the quaint Portuguese one-of-a-kind village of José Franco. This man was a sculptor and a poet who decided to build a living museum to show the customs, labor activities and other aspects of Portuguese rural life back in his time in 1945. The result is a giant museum made into a village! Next, head to Ericeira, the first World Surfing Reserve in Europe and 2nd in the world. It is a touristic village also known for its blue and white colored streets and houses. In Ericeira enjoy some free time, for possibly a leisurely Portuguese lunch (not included) or a stroll through the town and by the seaside.
Last but not least, to finish this exclusive day, head to an exquisite winery and cellar for a tasting and historical experience that will provide you with a fascinating insight into the world of Portugal’s wine production. A family-run business welcomes you to an entertaining and enlightening tour around wines and cellars to discover the secrets of the wine making process. Learn how wine is produced and enjoy a tasting session of six different wines (four local wines and two other magnificent wines) accompanied by local bread and olives.
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pick-up and drop off
- Small-group tour
- Transportation by private vehicle
- Private winery and cellar tour
- Wine tasting
- All insurances
- Entrance fees (Mafra convent)
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
• Bring a umbrella for the possibility of rain