Lima: Highlights Day Tour
Pickup includedAll of our prices include pick up and drop off to/from your hotel only when it is located in: Miraflores, San Isidro, Barranco or Lima centre. Outside these places, you have to pay a small fee for your pick up/drop off
- Visit highlights like Parque del Amor and San Francisco Monastery
- Learn the history of the Peruvian capital from a knowledgeable guide
- Enjoy round-trip transportation from your central Lima hotel
- See local art in a trendy Barranco gallery with admission fee included
From there, head to the smallest district of Lima, the bohemian neighborhood of Barranco. Visit its atmospheric plaza as well as the romantic Puente de los Suspiros or Bridge of Sighs. Spot impressive street art and murals as you wander Barranco's narrow streets.
Move on to the colorful district of Miraflores and wander around the romantic Parque Del Amor, which features a sculpture by well-known local artist Victor Delfín and offers a panoramic view of the Pacific coastline. Then head to Parque Kennedy, a favorite local hangout. Learn about the history of the park and get acquainted with the many cats living among the trees.
After working up an appetite, visit a traditional local market in the Surquillo district. Learn about the many products grown and harvested in Peru and immerse yourself in Peruvian gastronomy. Sample fruits from the different regions of Peru (the coast, the Andes, and the Amazon), before having lunch at a traditional restaurant popular with the locals where you can enjoy typical Peruvian cuisine.
When you've eaten your fill, head to the historical center of Lima to visit San Martin Square, the city's main square, and the mysterious underground catacombs at San Francisco Monastery. If you wish to purchase something typical from Peru stop at the Inka Market for some souvenir shopping.
- Hotel pickup and drop off from Miraflores, San Isidro, Barranco, or Lima centre. Outside these places, you have to pay a small fee for pickup/drop off
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
- People with mobility impairments
- People with heart problems
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
• Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes and bring sun protection