Leipzig: City to Cospudener See 7-Hour Canoe Tour
- Discover the impressive architecture of Leipzig from the water
- Relax in the beautiful natural landscapes
- Get sporty on a 22-kilometer route
- Learn about the sights and history of the city
- Hangout at the beach of the stunning Cospudener See
Pass the magnificent villa of the Baedeker publishing family, and onwards to the Palmengartenwehr, a technological monument and an important facet of Leipzig’s flood protection facilities. Paddle past the city’s largest park and the 1867 racecourse, Scheibenholz. If you’re lucky, you’ll meet Tina Dietze on the water — the Olympic kayaking champion based at the Olympic Training Center in Leipzig.
Leave the stress of the city behind as you enter the Floßgraben Canal in southern Leipzig, keeping a lookout for the rare kingfisher. Entering the beautiful Cospudener See, enjoy a break at its famous beach before crossing the lake. The final portion of the tour is geared towards those who enjoy faster-flowing waters.
Head back through Leipzig’s imposing historic industrial buildings to the original starting point, where your tour will end. Enjoy a beer at the bar and watch the canoes and paddlers drift through the water.
- 7-hour tour
- Use of paddles, boats, and lifejackets
- Lunch at the Hacienda Cospuden (optional)
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Comfortable clothes
- Oversize luggage