From Launceston: Cradle Mountain Day Tour
Pickup includedPickup is available from central Launceston hotels and backpacker hostels (not AirBnbs). Please ensure this has been organised at the time of booking or well in advance of your tour departure with the operator. See the Voucher Information section for more details.
- Explore Cradle Mountain National Park and World Heritage Area
- Stand on the shore of the spectacular Dove Lake
- Visit Sheffield the ‘Town of Murals’ with over 30 murals painted across the town showing the history of the area
- Walk along the Rainforest City and Pencil Pine Falls tracks
- Take on the Dove Lake circuit walk or, take on the harder walk to the lofty views of Marion’s Lookout
Continue into the mountains and arrive at Cradle Mountain and Dove Lake with around 5 hours of possible walking time before you. Choose from the gentle and iconic Dove Lake Circuit or climb to loftier peaks to view the vastness of the surrounding World Heritage Area from Marion’s Lookout. Enjoy lunch by a quiet stream and watch the famous and friendly Cradle wombats in their natural habitat.
Your guides will carefully assist to ensure everyone has an opportunity to enjoy walks that best suit them and the day ahead. On your return to Launceston, stop and sample some local tasty products at the award winning Ashgrove Cheese Factory.
- National Parks entrance fees
- Professionally guided and interpreted walks
- Central Launceston hotel and backpacker hostel pick-up and drop off
- Free tastings at Ashgrove Cheese
- Food and drinks
- Children under 8 years
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
• This is an outdoor activity. Please dress appropriately for the weather conditions.
• Minimum age to participate in the tour is 8 years.
• There is no maximum age provided all participants have a sense of adventure and reasonable level of fitness and mobility.
• Please bring, sensible shoes for walking, a variety of warm and weatherproof clothing, a hat, sunscreen and large water bottle.