Lake Balaton Full-Day Tour from Budapest
Pickup includedPickup is available from hotels in Budapest city center upon request.
- Experience the beauty of Lake Balaton, Central Europe's largest freshwater lake
- Take a cruise across the shimmering waters of Lake Balaton
- Ride the nostalgia train in the resort town of Balatonfüred
- Stroll along a picturesque promenade with beautiful Balaton views
- Discover the vineyards and rich architecture of the Tihany Peninsula
- Go to the Benedictine monastery of Tihany Abbey
Depart Budapest and travel by air-conditioned coach to the small town of Balatonfüred. Located on the north shore of Lake Balaton, the town’s highlights include as sightseeing trip by “nostalgia train.” Next, take a 1-hour cruise on Lake Balaton, before some free time to take a stroll along the picturesque promenade and enjoy some lunch (own expense).
Drive to the Tihany Peninsula to see why it was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The area is rich with architecture and vineyards that produce the local wine. Get a unique view of Lake Balaton before going to the Abbey of Tihany, founded in 1055 by the Hungarian King András.
Transfer back to Budapest for a drop off at your hotel and the end of the tour services.
- Hotel pickup
- Transportation by air-conditioned bus
- Photo stops
- Boat and nostalgia train trips
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
• The supplier is not responsible for any road closures