Kyoto: Morning Ikebana Class (Japanese Flower Arrangement)
- Get a full introduction to the history of Ikebana
- Learn how to cut or make angles from flowers or trees
- Try your own flower arrangements
- Learn the difference between Western and Japanese arrangement from a licensed master of Misho-ryu Ikebana school
Your instructor will explain the history of Ikebana in English before showing you how to cut the flowers and trees at the correct angles for the arrangement. See how the flower arrangements differ from those in Western culture.
You may also take part in a tea ceremony after with a master craftsman after your Ikebana lesson.
- Flower arrangement lesson
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
Address; 603-8377 37 Nishi-Goshonouchi-cho Kinugasa Kita-ku Kyoto city. How to get there; A 1 minute walk from Kinkakuji-michi city bus stop. 10-15 minutes by Kyoto city bus 204 or 205 from Kitaoji subway station. 10-15 minutes by Kyoto city bus 204 or 205 from JR Enmachi. A 1 minute walk from the gate of Kinkakuji-temple. Next to the parking area for bicycles if you are visiting Kinkakuji-temple.Open in Google Maps ⟶