Kyoto: 2-Hour Night Tea Ceremony with Traditional Dinner
- Learn the authentic tea ceremony as a guest taught by a tea master
- Taste a traditional Japanese meal, thick and thin tea and fresh sweets
- Observe the traditional way of tea which represents the Japanese seasons
- Visit a Japanese old house and beautiful tea utensils
To make the tea ceremony as authentic as possible for beginners, you will not only be observing the way of tea but also learning the order or the movement as a guest in the tearoom. The programs are not only prepared for foreign tourists. The Japanese also don't go to a very traditional tea ceremony without preparations, so it's the same as the tea ceremony classes for Japanese beginners.
If you would like to experience a Japanese tea ceremony, this program will be taught by a tea master who has the qualification of Urasenke, one of the largest tea schools in Japan. If you'd like to wear a kimono during the experience, you can select it as an add-on during booking.
- Japanese meal
- Japanese sweets
- 2 kinds of Japanese tea
- Kimono to wear (if add-on selected)
Prepare for the activity
37 Nishi-Goshonouchi-cho Kinugasa Kita-ku Kyoto city, 603-8377. How to get there: A 1 minute walk from Kinkakuji-michi city bus stop. 10-15 minutes by Kyoto city bus 204 or 205 from Kitaoji subway station. 10-15 minutes by Kyoto city bus 204 or 205 from JR Enmachi. Or a 1 minute walk from the gate of Kinkakuji-temple. Next to the parking area for bicycles if you are visiting Kinkakuji-temple.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• If you choose the Kimono wearing add-on, please come 20 minutes before the start time of the tea ceremony