Kyoto: Full Day UNESCO Tour with Guide
- Visit 3 of Kyoto's most famous temples in a single tour
- Learn the history and stories of the temples from your guide
- Explore Nijo Castle, where the Shogun (ruler of Japan) lived in the 17th century
- Stroll around Gion, Kyoto's most famous Geisha district
Enjoy a traditional Japanese style vegetarian lunch in a 100-year-old machi-ya, the typical residence of old Kyoto’s middle class. After lunch, head to one of Kyoto's most famous landmarks, Kiyomizu-Dera temple. It is famous for its large wooden terrace where you will be able to enjoy the view of Eastern Kyoto’s treasure Higashiyama.
Continue your tour to explore Sanjusangendo, a temple in eastern Kyoto that is famous for its 1001 statues of Bodhisattva Kannon, the Buddhist goddess of mercy. This site, usually skipped by most tourists, will add some charm to your day. Finally, take a stroll around Gion, Kyoto’s most famous geisha district. You might be lucky enough to spot one in this wonderful traditional area.
- Round-trip transportation by bus
- English-speaking guide
- Japanese-style vegetarian lunch in a traditional machi-ya house
- Entrance fee for Kiyomizu-dera, Ryoan-ji, Nijo Castle, and Sanjusangen-do (unless option chosen)
Prepare for the activity
9:40 AM at Kyoto VIP Lounge, 6 Nishikujotoriiguchicho, Minami-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto 1F, 2F. Google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/JBt1L7ua3t72. Instructions on how to get there: https://vipliner.biz/map/place/?part=day&root=&Placename_alp=lounge-kyoto.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please note that the tour schedule is subject to traffic conditions
• Please advise of any dietary requirements when booking
• The onboard commentary may be given in English and Chinese simultaneously