Ephesus: Full-Day Tour from Kusadasi or Izmir
Pickup includedPick-up is available at the port, airport, or your hotel. Please indicate your preference when booking.
- Visit Ephesus, one of the world’s most spectacular open-air museums
- Learn about the history of the ancient city and explore the ruins
- See the terrace houses of the rich, the House of Virgin Mary, and St. John’s Basilica
During this guided full-day tour, the ancient city will come alive as you walk through the 2,000-year-old marble streets. Admire the Library of Celsius, Hadrian's Temple, the Fountains of Trajan, the temples of Hadrian and Domitian, and more. See the great theater that had a seating capacity of 24,000 spectators.
Visit the terrace houses, located on the slopes of Bulbul Mountain, opposite the Hadrian Temple. The terrace houses were residences of the wealthy, and featured beautiful frescoes and mosaics in their interiors.
After visiting the Ephesus ruins, you’ll continue on to the House of the Virgin Mary. The Vatican has recognized this small house in the Solmissos Mountains as the final resting place of the Virgin Mary. A small shrine dedicated to St. Mary was found when the ruins of the house were first discovered.
Your final visit will be to the Basilica of St. John, built by the Emperor Justinian over the tomb of St. John the Apostle. The basilica, now in ruins, once rivaled St. Sophia in Istanbul in size.
- Licensed professional guide in English or other preferred language
- Air-conditioned luxury vehicle with professional driver
- Pick-up and drop off service
- Entrance fees to museums and sites according to the description
- Items of a personal nature
- Any items not specifically mentioned as included
- Gratuities for guide and driver
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat