From Kuala Lumpur: Batu Caves Half-Day Tour
Pickup includedYour hotel in the Kuala Lumpur city center
- Discover the Batu Caves before climbing 272 steps for a beautiful view of the city
- Learn about Malaysia's rich history, traditions and customs in the suburbs
- Visit the rural Malay Village, Royal Selangor, Batik Factory and more
- Leave the busy city behind for a day to explore the beautiful countryside
Royal Selangor Visitor Centre (guided tour)
Batu Caves (sightseeing)
Stop at the Royal Selangor, which features the largest and most modern pewter factory in the world. It is also world-renowned for its high quality and craftsmanship. On your factory tour, learn about the different processes at this factory such as casting, filing, polishing, soldering, hammering and engraving. Next, stop at Batik Factory to see how batik is designed and printed.
For your last stop, head to the limestone hills of the Batu Caves, comprised of three caverns and several smaller caves. Pass a towering statue of Murugan as you climb 272 steps into a cave shrine, and follow vivid murals of Hindu scripture. Spot the macaques that live on the lush cliff face, and join a crowd of Hindu pilgrims on their way to a series of gilded altars.
This tour ends with a drop-off back at your Kuala Lumpur hotel.
- Pickup and drop-off from accommodation in Kuala Lumpur city center only
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking driver/guide
- People with back problems
- People with heart problems
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Sleeveless shirts
- Open-toed shoes
• Shorts and sleeveless shirts are not allowed for the temple visit
• You will have to remove your shoes before entering the temple