Johannesburg: 6-Day Luxury Kruger National Park Safari
Pickup optionalPickup from your Johannesburg hotel.
- Take an exciting 3-hour sunset drive on Balule Big Five Reserve
- Tuck into a magical bush barbecue under the stars at Marula Tree Boma deep in the African bush
- See a wide variety of wildlife on 2 full-day game drives in the famous Kruger National Park
- Feel your adrenaline rush on a 4-hour Big Five bushwalk
- Visit Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre and find out about conservation efforts
After pickup from your hotel or address in Johannesburg, or at O. R. Tambo International Airport, travel in an air-conditioned Quantum to Tremisana Game Lodge. At 5 PM, board the open Land Cruiser for a 4-hour sunset drive. Feast on an unforgettable bush barbeque at the incomparable Marula Boma, deep in the African bush, before staying overnight at Tremisana Lodge.
Enjoy some early morning coffee and rusks before driving to the Olifants River for an amazing 4-hour bushwalk with armed and experienced rangers. As you go, learn about the smaller denizens of the bush, tracking, and spoor identification. Adrenalin surges will be acute as signs of the presence of the Big Five are everywhere.
Afterward, return to Tremisana for brunch. You will then be transferred to the brand-new Katekani Tented Lodge. Lunch will be served in the Lapa before you can take a rest or swim in your private splash pool. Later, go to Motlala Game Reserve for a 3-hour game drive. Dinner and overnight at Katekani.
After breakfast, drive on an open game viewing vehicle to the Orpen Gate of Kruger National Park. Once there, delight in a full day of game viewing and bird watching in this world-renowned game reserve. Return to Katekani for dinner and overnight.
After breakfast, drive to Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre where you will learn about conservation efforts and interact with injured and orphaned animals. Lunch at Katekani. At around 3 PM, head to Tshukudu Game Reserve for a 3-hour game drive. The chances of finding the Big Five in this enclosed reserve are very high. Dinner and overnight at Katekani.
Enjoy another full day of game viewing in the Kruger National Park.
Go on a short morning walk with an armed ranger. After breakfast, travel to the Blyde River Canyon with a stop at the Three Rondawels. Arrive back in Johannesburg at around 5 PM.
- All entrance fees, conservation fees, and taxes
- All breakfasts and dinners and some lunches
- All game drives and bush walks
- Pickup and drop-off at Tambo International Airport or any Johannesburg hotel (depending on option selected)
- Free Wifi at the lodge
- Lunches on transfer days and the full day in Kruger (stops are made at restaurants where lunch can be purchased)
- Drinks (the lodge runs a cash bar)
- Items of a personal nature
- International and domestic flights
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Please make your way to the Domestic Arrivals section on the ground floor of O. R. Tambo Airport. Walk outside to the tarmac road, then walk past all 3 domestic arrival entrances until you arrive at column lower 21. It is situated in front of the permit control office. One of the local partner's drivers will come to collect you between 9:15 AM–9:30 AM. The driver will be in his vehicle so keep a look out on the road section. The vehicle will most probably have the local partner's name written on it.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Drop-offs at the airport are by 5 PM on the last day. Again, allowance needs to be made for check-in and boarding. Please bear this in mind when booking flights.
• It is recommended to book accommodation either in Johannesburg, at O. R. Tambo Airport, or in Sandton City.
• Lunches on transfer days and days spent in Kruger Park, drinks, and items of a personal nature are not included in the package. Stops are made during the transfer days for lunches. During game drives in Kruger Park, stops are made at rest camps for lunch.