Wieliczka Salt Mine Skip-the-Line Ticket for Tourist Route
- Enjoy skip-the-line admission to the UNESCO-listed Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Explore the salt mine with a local expert guide
- Marvel at the breathtaking underground galleries, chambers and lakes
You’ll be led through a number of chambers and see underground lakes, shrines and salt monuments. The underground labyrinth covers 9 levels at 64 to 327 meters below the surface of the earth.
Nearly 2,400 chambers are connected with sidewalks, for a total length of 245km. The mine was added to the UNESCO World Heritage list in 1978.
The first tourist trail in Wieliczka was established at the turn of the 19th century. The trail leads through numerous drifts and galleries where evidence of mining activity has been preserved. You’ll also see examples of sacred art and themed compositions relating to the history of the mine and legends surrounding it.
Wieliczka is also home to the world's largest mining heritage museum, with a collection of unique pieces of mining equipment reflecting the development of mining techniques from the Middle Ages until today.
The tour ends at a level that’s 135 meters below the surface, and you’ll return to the surface by elevator.
- Skip-the-line admission ticket for a guided tour
- Audioguide for Krakow (can be collected at tour operator's office)
- Pre-booking fee
- Gratuities (optional)
- Extra fees (such as photography)
Prepare for the activity
Discover Cracow Information Point next to Wieliczka Salt Mine, ul. Edwarda Dembowskiego 7, Wieliczka. Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time. Your voucher cannot be redeemed at the ticket office. Please present the voucher to a tour representative.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Weapons or sharp objects
• There are 800 steps on the way, including 380 right at the beginning
• Be sure to bring a packed lunch
• Please note that this tour does not include routes accessible for wheelchairs