Auschwitz-Birkenau & Wieliczka Salt Mine: Day Tour & Lunch
Pickup includedYou'll be picked up outside your hotel.
- Experience 2 of Krakow's most important historic sites in one day
- Take a guided tour of the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp
- Head underground at the impressive Wieliczka Salt Mine
Wieliczka Salt Mine
First you’ll stop at Auschwitz I, where you will join a 2.5-hour English tour, provided by the museum’s guide. After that, the tour continues at Auschwitz II-Birkenau, which is about 2 kilometers away. You’ll spend about an hour with the same guide and explore the site while hearing about its history.
During the second half of your full-day program, you’ll travel to the Salt Mine in Wieliczka, which is one of the oldest working salt mines in the world. It has been producing table salt for over 700 years!
Enjoy a delicious packed lunch set (at 14:30) with the best Polish products.
The English-speaking tour of the Mine will begin at 16:00 or 17:00 (depending on road conditions). Head 140 meters underground on a 2.5-hour journey along more than 2.5 kilometers of tourist routes and see chambers with amazing carvings and statues, with everything made of salt.
You should arrive back at your hotel not later than at 19:30.
- Door-to-door transportation (free hotel pick-up)
- Documentary film
- English-speaking guide in Auschwitz and Birkenau
- English-speaking guide in the Salt Mine
- All admission fees and tickets
- Gratuities (optional)
- Photo permission inside the Salt Mine (10zł can be paid on the spot)
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
• The Salt Mine tour begins at around 16:00. Your English-speaking guide will take you on a tour of 2-2.5 hours, to 140 meters underground on a journey of over 2.5 kilometers of tourist routes
• To reach the first level of the mine (64 meters underground), you have to descend a wooden stairway of 378 stairs. After the tour, you will be taken up to the surface by a lift