From Krakow: Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tour
Pick-up serviceIf you are interested in complementary hotel pick-up please make sure to contact the tour operator no later than 24 hours prior to your tour. Please call: +48 12 422 58 40 or +48 602 49 70 64.
- Take a guided tour of the former Nazi concentration camp and memorials
- View the prison dormitories, gas chambers and exhibitions at Auschwitz I
- See what remains of Birkenau’s watchtowers, fences, barracks and gas chambers
- Trace the stories of individual prisoners and visit the memorials to the camps’ victims
- Learn the history of WWII’s Holocaust and about the liberation of Auschwitz in 1945
The Auschwitz camp has become a symbol of terror, genocide, and the Holocaust. It was established by the Nazis in 1940 in the suburbs of the city of Auschwitz, which was integrated into the Third Reich. In 1942 it became one of the centers for Endlösung der Judenfrage (the final solution of the Jewish issue) – the Nazi plan to murder the Jews living in the territories occupied by the Third Reich.
The Auschwitz camp, until the end of its existence, was first and foremost a place of extermination. It has become a world-famous symbol of the Nazi genocide, in particular the destruction of the Jews. Today it serves as a memorial to those who lost their lives here, with hundreds of people visiting daily to pay their respects.
- Tour guide assistance
- Documentary film during the transfer
- Local live guide
- Headset to hear the guide clearly
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected centrally located Krakow hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Food and drink
Prepare for the activity
The central meeting point in Krakow is located at the bus park at 7 Powisle Street, situated on the opposite side of the Sheraton grand hotel. Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled time of departure.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• There is a 15-minute break during the tour, when you can eat a snack and drink a bottle of water that you are recommended to bring
• There is no particular age restriction, however, due to the nature of this tour it is not recommended for children aged 14 and younger
• Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
• Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
• Taking photos in the buildings with the use of flash is forbidden. You are allowed to take photos only in selected parts of the Museum.
• Eating and smoking, as well as acting in a loud manner are forbidden at the Museum
• Not wheelchair accessible
• Infants must sit on laps