Konya: Private Tour of Mevlana Musuem & More
Pickup includedPickup is included from Konya area hotels. Unfortunately airport pickup is not possible.
- Enjoy the serenity at Mevlâna Museum
- Admire the marvelous Seljuk Architecture at the Alâeddin Mosque
- Visit the education center of İnce Minareli Medrese
In the museum, you'll see Mevlâna's Tomb (the largest), flanked by that of his son Sultan Veled and those of other eminent dervishes. They are all covered in velvet shrouds, heavy with gold embroidery. Those of Mevlâna and Veled bear huge turbans, which are symbols of spiritual authority; the number of wraps denotes the level of spiritual importance. Bahaeddin Veled's wooden tomb stands on one end, leading devotees to say Mevlâna was so holy that even his father stands to show respect. There are 66 sarcophagi on the platform, but not all visible.
Your next stop is the Alâeddin Mosque. This is the earliest structure built at the Seljuk capital. The mosque is an important cultural, historical, religious, and archaeological monument that houses tombs of the Seljuk sultans in its courtyard.
Finally, enjoy a delicious lunch at Etli ekmek restaurant, and then take a short walk to İnce Minareli Medrese. Located in the Beyhekim neighbourhood, the İnce Minareli Medrese is a single-story 13th-century madrasa with a covered courtyard and a single iwan. It is named for the slim minaret at the northeast corner. This is the last stop on your tour, and at the end you'll head back to your hotel.
- Full-day Konya city tour
- Mevlana museum tour
- Transportation by air-conditioned, non-smoking coach
- Professional guide licensed by the Ministry of Tourism
- All entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museums
- All parking fees and road tolls
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Local taxes
- Drinks at lunch
- Personal expenses
- Tips for guide and driver