From Prague: Konopiště Castle and Kozel Brewery with Lunch
Pickup optionalFrom the lobby of your hotel in Prague.
- Discover authentic chateau interiors on a guided tour of Konopiště Castle
- Watch the beautiful peacocks and bears in the castle gardens
- Learn about the history of Czech beer at a famous brewery
- Taste freshly brewed beer right in the brewery cellars
- Enjoy a tasty lunch in the brewery restaurant paired with great local beer
Enjoy a tour of the castle where you’ll admire the salons, a collection of hunting trophies and weapons, a chapel, a private shooting range, and a unique collection of Saint George memorabilia. The interiors of the castle are simply breathtaking.
Located in a stunning landscape with a huge park, you can admire the deer and mouflon roaming the grounds. Around the castle, you will also find a beautiful lake and a garden with famous peacocks. If you are lucky, you may even see a bear in the castle's moat.
From Konopiště, move on to another place with a wonderful history as you discover the birthplace of the world-famous Czech beer at the Pivovar Velké Popovice brewery. In this small town near Prague, beer began to brew as early as the 16th century and, by 1874, they started to brew one of the most famous Czech beers around today, Kozel.
Enjoy a 1.5-hour exploration of the brewery, seeing every step of making this famous beer and learning the history of the Ringhoffer family, founders of the brewery. Deep in the cellars, right next to the lager tanks, a tasting of the fresh beer awaits you.
After the tour, savor a delicious lunch of Czech traditional specialties in the renowned local brewery restaurant, and, of course some more beer. Afterward, return back to the starting point of your tour in Prague at around 4 PM.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (optional)
- English-speaking guide
- Admission fee to the Konopiště Castle
- Visit to the Pivovar Velké Popovice brewery
- Beer tasting
- Lunch with beer or a non-alcoholic beverage
- Light refreshment during the journey
- Wi-Fi on bus
- Additional food and drinks
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
At Bistro Hezky Česky, Anglická 21, Vinohrady, 120 00, Prague 2, Czech Republic. Located 5 minutes’ walking distance from the metro station Náměstí Míru (Line A), or you can take the tram 6,10,13,16 or 22. The guide will be holding a map with company logo on it.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• You must have moderate to good mobility to join this tour
• The local partner does not take responsibility if you are not able participate in parts of or the entire tour
• Vegetarians or those with lactose intolerances can be accommodated. However, there are no vegan options at present
• Itinerary is liable to change slightly to reflect the season, local partner’s opening hours, and availability, however, the duration of each tour will always be kept the same