From Cochin Port: Backwaters by Houseboat
- Cruise the backwaters of Kerala by houseboat
- Feast on a Keralan lunch aboard your boat (For Morning Cruise)
- Admire the traditional wooden houseboats of the Aleppey/ Alappuzha
- Drift past paddy fields and coconut palms
- Discover the lush region of Alappuzha (Alleppey)
Cruise slowly through the hidden backwaters of Alappuzha (also known as Alleppey), considered the hub of the state's backwaters and home to a vast network of waterways and boats. Venture through village areas and the landscape of the Laccadive Sea to marvel at the lush vegetation, paddy fields, coconut palms and much more. There will be 3 staff members along with your guide to look after you and make sure your experience is as relaxed as possible.
Enjoy a lunch of Keralan cuisine as you gently navigate the waterways, including rice, vegetable dishes, fish, chicken and more (Lunch Served only for morning cruise and Tea /coffee Snacks for Afternoon cruise) . End your houseboat cruise after 2-2.30 hours cruise and transfer back to your cruise ship in Cochin Port.
Upgrade your tour to include a visit to the Chinese Finish Nets, a must visit attraction in Kerala. Marvel at these fixed land installations used for fishing fixed on bamboo and teak poles and weighed by large stones tied to ropes.
- Pick-up and drop-off at Cochin Port
- Buffet lunch (for the morning cruise)
- Tea /coffee /snacks (for the afternoon cruise)
- Bottled water
- Driver/ guide
- River cruise
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
• Please provide the name of your cruise ship on booking
• The tour will operate in all weather conditions
• This tour is only possible if your cruise ship departs at 4:00 PM or later
• At ship pier/berth your guide will be waiting for you holding a "Carnival" sign with a blue umbrella
• Tour departure is 30-45 minutes after ship's arrival