Blue Mountains: 4WD Adventure Tour with Local Guide
- See beautiful National Park sites rarely visited by tour companies
- Enjoy a lovely pub lunch in a cosy country pub that is nestled in the beautiful Capertee Valley
- Visit amazing formation of rock stacks to rival the better known Three Sisters, but only accessible by 4wd
- Enjoy 'exclusive' access to private property in the Capertee Valley with 270 degree views of this amazing piece of nature
Your guided 4wd tour begins with pick-up from any accommodation or train station in the Blue Mountains before heading to Clarence at the site of the old Zig Zag railway. Get straight into the adventure with some serious 4wding before heading to the Lost City, a formation of rock pagodas etched from nature over millions of years. After visiting these magnificent formations we head off to view some ancient aboriginal artwork painted several thousands of years ago. By now you will be getting a bit hungry so it is off to lunch. The Royal Hotel at Capertee is the order of the day here with home cooked meals and cold drinks as well as coal fires in the winter. Lunch and a drink is included (lunch location may be changed if The Royal Hotel is closed).
After lunch it's time to do some creek crossings, hopefully spot a few wallabies and other wildlife and have a bit of fun. The final part of your 4wd adventure will end with exclusive access to private property with 270-degree views of the Capertee Valley. The views go on forever and overlook the giant Pantoneys Crown. You will then be dropped back at your accommodation or train station of your preference in the Blue Mountains where the tour concludes.
There is the option to be picked up from any train station in the mountains or your accommodation if you are staying in the surrounded suburbs of Katoomba. Pick-up is at 08:00, and drop-off is at 18:00. The tour duration is 10 hours.
- Fully guided tour with informative guide
- Lunch at country pub (please advise of any dietary requirements)
- Glass of wine, beer or soft drink
- Pick-up & drop-off within the Blue Mountains
Prepare for the activity
Not suitable for pregnant women or people with back or neck conditions.