From Jujuy: Salinas Grandes, Purmamarca & Los Colorados Hike
- Explore the natural beauty of the Seven Colors Hill in Purmamarca
- Be amazed by huge large salt flats and volcanic peaks
- Walk along the Los Colorados trail and take in wonderful views
- Get to know the culture, people, and unique landscapes of the area
Then, arrive in the village of Purmamarca at the base of the Seven Colors Hill where you'll begin your hike. Start by ascending the slopes of Cuesta del Lipán, Cuesta del Saladillo, and Abra de Potrerillos. Make sure to pay attention to occasional local wildlife including vicunas and llamas along the way.
When you reach 4,150 meters (13,615 feet) above sea level, take in impressive views of the Salinas Grandes, a spectacular white salt plain that creates a striking contrast with the blue sky. Spend about 45 minutes at the top exploring the blue volcanoes and admiring the breathtaking views.
On the return hike, follow the trail back to Purmamarca where you'll have free time for lunch (not included in the tour price). Take the opportunity to stroll through the charming narrow streets, admire views of the mountain, and explore the craft market.
After lunch, enjoy a 30-40 minute hike along the stunning Colorados trail, which leads into the surrounding desert landscapes between the mountains. At the end of the tour, return to Jujuy.
- Meeting point pickup and drop-off from Jujuy
- Transportation in bus or minivan, depending on group size
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English-speaking)
- Food and drinks
- Children under 5 years
- Pregnant women
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
The meeting point is at the YPF gas station located at Vilcapugio 1986, Y4607EKF San Salvador de Jujuy. Go to the coffee shop to await the arrival of the bus and meet your group. Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the activity starts.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
• In this tour, you reach up to 4200 meters (13,780 feet above sea level) and it involves driving on low-quality dirt roads
• Please provide a contact number the local partner can reach you on at the moment of booking