Johannesburg: 3-Day Classic Kruger National Park Safari Tour
Pickup optionalYour hotel in Johannesburg, depending on location. The local partner recommends booking your accommodation at O.R. Tambo International Airport, or in Sandton City.
- Enjoy an exciting 3-hour sunset drive to see the Big Five
- Experience a magical bush barbecue under the stars
- Spend a full day exploring the famous Kruger National Park
- Set off on an early morning sunrise game drive
- Admire the scenic highlights of the Blyde River Canyon
After pickup in Johannesburg start the drive to Kruger National Park, passing through the Highveld farmlands. Once you have arrived, rest in your air-conditioned chalet, take a dip in the pool, unwind at the bar, or relax in the beautiful gardens. At around 5 PM, enjoy an exciting sunset drive to spot the Big Five animals.
Watch the magnificent sunset as you admire the varied wildlife. After darkness falls, your experienced guide will use powerful spotlights to locate nocturnal animals. Enjoy a delicious barbecue dinner deep in the bush, then spend overnight in a comfortable, air-conditioned chalet with an ensuite bathroom and thatched roof.
Set out on a full day of game viewing in the stunning national park. Drive to the Orpen Gate in a custom-built, open-sided vehicle. This allows for a total wildlife experience – listen to the sounds of the African bush, and smell its scents as you view animals up close.
The absence of windows and elevated position allow for excellent photographic opportunities. The Orpen and Satara regions of the park have the greatest concentration of animals in the whole of Kruger National Park. Enjoy a fantastic day of game viewing and birdwatching in this truly outstanding wildlife paradise.
Enjoy an early morning sunrise drive in an open vehicle, followed by a hearty breakfast. Take the opportunity to buy some memorabilia from the shop and snap your last photos of the lush gardens before leaving the park.
Afterwards, drive to the incredible Blyde River Canyon to see the stunning rock formations, including the famous Three Rondavels. Return to Johannesburg in the late afternoon, where you'll be dropped off at your hotel or the airport.
- 3-day safari
- All game drives
- Breakfasts and dinners
- Entrance fees
- Conservation fees and taxes
- Wi-Fi at the lodge
- Round-trip transportation from Johannesburg
- Personal expenses
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Please make your way to the Domestic Arrivals section on the ground floor of O.R. Tambo Airport. Walk outside to the tarmac road, past all 3 domestic arrival entrances, until you see a yellow sign marked "shuttle/long-term parking" in front of the permit control office. A driver will collect you there between 9:15 AM and 9:30 AM. The driver will be in their vehicle, so keep a look out for the white vehicle with the "Viva Safaris" logo.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• All pickup transfers depart no later than 9:30 AM, so flights should be booked accordingly. Allowance needs to be made for disembarking and customs checks to meet your driver on time.
• Drop-off at the airport will be by 5 PM on the final day. Allowance needs to be made for check-in and boarding, please bear this in mind when booking flights.
• Lunches are not included. There will be stops at rest camps where lunch is available for purchase.
• Drinks are available for purchase from a cash bar at the lodge.