From Johannesburg: 6-Day Classic Kruger National Park Safari
Pickup optionalPlease note that transfers to the lodges are included in the package. You will be picked up from your hotel in Johannesburg (location dependent) on the day of departure. We recommend booking accommodation in Sandton City.
- Take an exciting 3-hour sunset drive and a sunrise drive on Balule Big Five Reserve
- Savor a magical bush barbecue under the stars at Marula Tree Boma deep in the African bush
- Embark on a 4-hour bush walk with armed rangers
- Take 2 full-day game drives in the famous Kruger National Park
- Visit Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre for orphaned and injured animals
Start your adventure with pickup from your hotel in Gauteng or from the Johannesburg Airport and travel via the Highveld grasslands to Tremisana Game Lodge in Kruger Park. Board an open land cruiser for a 3-hour sunset drive, your first opportunity to experience the fauna and flora of Africa. Watch the magnificent African sunset and, after dark, use a spotlight to view nocturnal animals. Enjoy a bush braai in the Marula Tree Boma — a barbecue out on the game reserve. After dinner, continue your night drive before overnighting in your air-conditioned chalet.
At sunrise, head off for Olifants River for a 4-hour bush walk. Your rangers will share with you the secrets of the bush, where adrenaline will surge even if your rangers are adequately armed. Return to Tremisana for brunch and enjoy the afternoon to do as you wish: Take a nap, read a book, or read wildlife magazines in the Lapa. At 3:30 PM, embark on a sundowner game drive.
Drive to Kruger Park in a custom-built, open-sided Gameviewer, in which you can view the game without glass windows as well as listen and smell the denizens of the bush. The Orpen-Satara-Nwanedzi region has open plains that attract large herds of zebra, giraffe, and antelope that, in turn, attract many predators. In fact, this zone has the highest concentration of lions in Africa, so keep your eyes peeled.
After breakfast, drive to Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre. Here, you’ll learn about the amazing work being done in rehabilitating injured and orphaned animals. Get up close and personal with some of the residents, including lions and leopards. Your understanding of wildlife conservation will be greatly improved after this experience. After lunch back at Tremisana, you’ll take another game reserve at 3:00 PM. The chances of seeing the Big Five in this enclosed reserve are very good.
Enjoy another full day of game viewing in the Kruger National Park.
Take a sunset drive before breakfast. After breakfast, drive via the Panorama Route to see some scenic splendors including the Three Rondawels and the Blyde Canyon. Return to Gauteng in the late afternoon, or the airport by arrangement.
- All entrance fees, conservation fees, and taxes
- All breakfasts and dinners
- All lunches, except for on transfer days and day 5
- All game drives and bush walks
- Pickup and drop-off at O. R. Tambo International Airport or Johannesburg hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Lunches on transfer days and full day in Kruger
- Drinks (the lodge runs a cash bar)
- International and domestic flights
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Please make your way to the Domestic Arrivals section on the ground floor of O. R. Tambo International Airport. Walk outside to the tarmac road, past all 3 domestic arrival entrances. Walk until column lower 21, situated in front of the permit control office. A driver will be there to pick you up between 9:15 AM and 9:30 AM.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• You will be collected from your Johannesburg hotel (location dependent) or airport on the day of departure as mentioned
• Stops are made during the transfer days for lunch. During game drives in the Kruger Park, stops are made at rest camps for lunch