Istanbul: Bosporus and Dolmabahce Palace Shore Excursion
Pickup includedPickup from your hotel in Istanbul.
- Explore the only city on 2 continents on a full-day tour of Istanbul
- Cruise the Golden Horn on the Bosporus Strait
- Visit the former residence of the Ottoman sultans at Dolmabahçe Palace
- See the vast suspension bridge that connects Europe and Asia
- Enjoy a typical Turkish lunch at a local restaurant
Following a pick-up from your hotel from 08:30, transfer to the Bosporus, and cruise through the Golden Horn, the historical heart of the city and the principal harbor of Byzantium, Constantinople, and Istanbul for over 2,000 years.
Admire Rumeli Fortress, Istanbul’s biggest fortification, from the sea. Pass Pierre Loti Hill, named after the French novelist and naval officer, Pierre Loti, who spent many years in Istanbul. Then, take the cable car to see Istanbul from a different perspective. Marvel at the city walls of Constantinople, and learn how they were only breached twice in 1600 years. Enjoy some free shopping time, before lunch at a Turkish restaurant.
Continue in the afternoon with a visit to Dolmabahçe Palace, home to 6 sultans from 1856 until the abolition of the Caliphate in 1924. Go to the Bosporus Bridge (one of the world's largest suspension bridges) linking Europe and Asia. Next, ascend one of Istanbul’s hills by bus for a commanding view of the Bosporus and old Istanbul.
- Pick-up and drop off
- Entrance fees
- Guide services