Kowloon: The Dark Side of Hong Kong Walking Tour
- Visit several local markets in Kowloon and learn why they are in decline
- Understand the reality of living in Hong Kong
- Finish the tour in Sham Shui Po market where the day to day life of a local begins
Meet your guide at the Mong Kok MTR station and set off on your 2.5-hour walking tour in Mong Kok and Sham Shui Po. The first hour of the walking tour will focus on several local markets in Mong Kok and Prince Edward area. Visit the Goldfish Market and learn how the real estate market transforms the goldfish market and where to look for the exotic animals.
The next hour and a half of the tour focuses on the housing crisis in Hong Kong. Visit the Boundary Street Sport Center and hear about the housing crisis in Hong Kong. Pass Portland Street and tenement housing and see how Hong Kong maintains its capitalist system. Try tradional Chinese herbal tea at Lui Seng Chun and hear the guide's story on how an average Hong Konger survives in a big city like this. Lastly, you will be shocked by the gentrification process in the middle of the poorest neighborhood in Hong Kong when you pass by Tung Chau Street.
The tour ends at Sham Shui Po - Pei Ho Street wet market. It is recommended to spend some time in the neighborhood at Sham Shui Po after the tour ends.
- Professional local guide
- Local restaurant recommendations
- Booking fee
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and beverages
Prepare for the activity
• A moderate amount of walking is involved
• This tour is subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund