Mt. Field, Mt. Wellington and Bonorong Tour from Hobart
Pickup includedPickup is available from central Hobart hotels and backpacker hostels (not AirBnbs). Please ensure this has been organised at the time of booking or well in advance of your tour departure with the operator. See the Voucher Information section for more details.
- Explore the Mt. Field National Park
- Walk to the beautiful Russell Falls
- Count the stairs on the way up to Horseshoe Falls
- Be amazed along the Tall Trees Track
- Enjoy the unique Alpine area along the Pandani Grove Track
- Photograph the spectacular alpine Lake Dobson
- Visit Bonorong Wildlife Park
- Enjoy the ferocious action of a Tassie Devil Feeding
- Hand feed the wallabies
- Stand atop Kunanyi (Mt. Wellington 1271m) for amazing views across Southern Tasmania
With its 3-tiered drop, Russell Falls is easily Tasmania’s most recognizable waterfall. It's an easy and enjoyable walk along a beautiful track to Russell Falls and Horseshoe Falls beyond. Make your way along the Tall Trees Track to see the 80-meter tall Swamp Gum trees. Enjoy the cool, quiet rainforest atmosphere of eucalyptus, streams and local wildlife.
Then join the Pandani Grove Trail around the alpine Lake Dobson. Soak up the wilderness and surrounding mountain air in a lesser-visited area of the park. Lake Dobson is often covered in a layer of ice and surrounded by snow in the winter. During the summer you can spot platypus. The vegetation dates back to the Gondwanaland era to give the area an enchanting and ancient feel. Enjoy a lunch break in one of the numerous beautiful settings of Mt. Field.
Then visit Bonorong Wildlife Park to explore the home of rescued wildlife. Get up close to Tasmanian Devils and see wallabies freely hopping around the park. End with a striking view from the top of Mt. Wellington. Head to the summit (1,271 meters) for an expansive vista. Then return to your hotel in Hobart's CBD at around 17:30.
- National Park entrance fee
- Wildlife Park entrance fee
- Professional guides and interpretive walks
- Small, friendly groups
- Central Hobart hotels/hostels pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Children under 8 years
Prepare for the activity
If pickup arrangements are not organized with the tour operator, please make your way to the general pickup location at the Tasmanian Travel & Information Center, 20 Davey Street, Hobart at 7:25 AM.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• This is an outdoor activity. Please dress appropriately for the weather conditions
• Minimum age to participate in the tour is 8 years
• There is no maximum age provided all participants have a sense of adventure and reasonable level of fitness and mobility
• What to bring: sensible shoes for walking; a variety of warm and weatherproof clothing; a hat; sunscreen; large water bottle; snacks and lunch (or buy it on the day)