Mount Wellington Summit Hike Half-Day Tour
- Marvel at panoramic views of Hobart and south Tasmania
- Hike in a unique Tasmanian alpine enviroment
- Enjoy a hot tea, coffee, or hot chocolate at the springs cafe
Arriving at Fern Tree, view the walking map and learn the minimal impact walking principles of leave no trace.
Starting your hike to the summit of the mountain, 1272 meters (about 4173 feet) above Hobart, visit Silver Falls along the lush Pipeline track. The morning part of your Mount Wellington hike ascends up via mixed wet and dry forest.
Grab a coffee or tea from the lovely lost freight cafe.
Your afternoon hike is the iconic zig-zag trail. With sensational views over Southern Tasmania, the trail is a mix of steep stairs and moderate uphill sections. Enjoy the panoramic views, sub-alpine flora and history of Wellington Park. View the spectacular rock columns, the Organ Pipes, popular with dare-devil climbers.
Arriving on the summit after approximately 2 hours of hiking, soak up the views over Hobart and Southern Tasmania from 4 lookouts.
Some bushwalking experience recommended. Tracks may have short steep hill sections, a rough surface and many steps.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Tea, coffee, or hot drink
- Professional local guide
- Hiking tour
- Children under 13 years
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
- Warm clothing
- Hiking shoes
• Please bring a warm layer of clothing as the summit is 10 degrees colder
• Please bring a water bottle and sun protection such as hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, etc
• This tour involves hiking 800 meters (about 2624 feet) in elevation
• This tour involves hiking 6-7 kilometers over some steep, uneven terrain
• This tour is a grade 3 hike