Hiroshima: Sake Town Tour in Saijo Hiroshima
- Enjoy a 3-hour sake themed tour of Saijo district in Hiroshima
- Visit 4-6 local sake breweries to get a sense of the different varieties
- See how a brewery works and learn about the production of the world’s best sake
- Enjoy a local specialty hot-pot lunch only made in this small, historic town
- Discover how the local water influences the flavor and quality of sake
Begin the tour with a tasting and sake explanation at Kamotsuru brewery, representative of Hiroshima sake. See how Kamotsuru boasts an impressive line up of 12 unique bottles. Witness many artifacts and learn about the brewing process. Please note that watching the sake brewing process is not available to the public in Japan due to sanitary and health inspection regulations.
Next, head off to try a local specialty hot-pot dish made with premium sake called Bishu Nabe, and other tasting plates made with Saijo ingredients. Learn about the history of this tasty dish at a local lunch spot. Please note that Bishu Nabe must be ordered in advance so last minute bookings may require an alternate lunch menu. After lunch, stroll through the picturesque streets and go brewery hopping. Sample many kinds of sake and sake based products in unique tasting rooms. Visit a local cafe and enjoy sweets and a snack break inspired by Japanese rice wine.
At each brewery, sample different kinds of sake. If you find a type you like, the brewery shops carry a huge variety for you to purchase and take home. Finish the tour with a new perspective on Saijo and an incredible knowledge of how sake is produced.
- 2 food stops
- Sake tasting at 4-6 local sake breweries
- Lunch and dessert
- Shopping time
- Local English-speaking guide
- Hotel pick up (can be arranged for an additional charge)
- Transportation costs
- Additional drinks or food (available to purchase at your own expense)
Prepare for the activity
In front of the Higashihiroshimashi Information Centre 東広島市観光案内所 inside Saijo Station, 3-3 Saijōokamachi, Higashihiroshima-shi, Hiroshima-ken 739-0016, Japan. Your guide will be there holding a sign.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Minimum drinking age is 21 years
• Please advise supplier of any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
• A minimum of 2 people per booking is required