Gray Line Halong Cruise: 2 Days 1 Night Exploring the Bay
Pickup includedPick-up service from hotels in the Hanoi Old Quarter area is available for an extra fee. The price is 25 USD/pax for 2 ways. Please contact the tour operator in advance to arrange this service.
- Cruise among the karst islands and islets of Ha Long Bay on board a junk-style boat
- Visit the floating fishing villages of Ha Long Bay by row boat
- Swim and kayak in the emerald waters
- Enjoy optional activities such as squid fishing at night
- Anchor in the peace and quiet of Drum Cave
- Conquer Titop island, climbing to the peak where you can go swimming
- Transfer by shuttle bus through the Red River Delta
- Learn how to make a Vietnamese spring roll
- Kayak through Luon Grotto
- Visit the Mazed Cave (ME Cung cave)
Appoximately 07.45 AM Pick-up at hotels if located in the Hanoi Old Quarter (upon your private booking of Gray Line shuttle bus); departing to Halong Bay with stopovers for refreshments en route.
12.00 PM Arriving and enjoying fresh tea at lobby before check-in.
12.30 PM Enter boat via a private pier and be warmly welcomed by the crew. Enjoy welcome drinks whilst listening to the briefing of the main tour guide and check-in.
01.30 PM Have a delicious lunch while the cruise goes ahead to the bay. At your leisure after lunch, enjoy hundreds of limestone islands with various shapes. This is the best time to watch unparalleled scenery of Halong.
03:00 PM Arrive at Luon Cave by tender boat. Discover the area’s tranquility by kayaks or rowing boats. Relaxing on the kayaks and boats is a better way to experience the special view of the sea.
04:00 PM Stop over at Titov Island. Have various choices to be on your own, sunbath, swimming or conquering the peak of the Titov to admire the bay’s panorama.
Recommendation: Climb up the top of the island and enjoy a bird's-eye view.
05:30 PM Back to the boat for relaxation at dusk. Enjoy free seasonal fruits on the sundeck. Other drinks will be subject to special rates or seasonal promotions.
06:30 PM Join a cooking demonstration on the sundeck. See how well you can cook or prepare Vietnamese food.
07:30 PM Dinner with local gourmet will be served with BBQ fresh seafood. After dinner: Free choice of evening activities (movies, fishing tools and guitars, cards, etc. are all available). Some activities are to be ordered in advance.
Day 2 Halong (B – L)
06:00 AM Wake up at dawn for morning exercise (Tai Chi Quan) or enjoy the beautiful sunrise breaking the clouds of the island on the bay (exercises are upon desire).
07:00 AM Light breakfast will be ready with cakes, bread, tea and coffee, noodle soup, etc.
07:45 AM Tender boat will pick you up to visit the Surprising (Sung Sot) Cave, discovered in 1901, and now a must see tourist attraction for its extensive space. After the rock formation and millions years of water erosion, the cave is now featured by hundreds of marvelous stalactites, stalagmites and grandeur stone chambers which are incomparable with any cave in the Gulf of Tonkin. (Shoes, sandals and convenient clothes are recommended to visit the Cave).
09:15 AM Come back to the boat for check-out. Cabins will be cleaned up whilst you enjoy a drink and sunbath on the half-open-air sundeck of the boat.
10:30 AM Enjoy a tasty farewell buffet lunch while the boat continuously cruises back.
11:30 AM Time to say goodbye to the crew, and give them feedback about the trip. You can have some tea or other drinks at the lobby and wait for your shuttle bus (or private cars) to return to Hanoi or the next destination.
- Insurance (inc. in the tickets)
- Escorted English speaking tour-guide
- En-suite bathroom cabin
- Welcome drink
- 1 breakfast, 2 lunches and 1 dinner
- All admission as per the itinerary, kayaking or bamboo boat, cave visiting tickets
- On-board cooking class and Taichi exercise, if any
- water (2 bottles)
- VAT and Service charges
- Transportation (two ways)
- Massage and nail services
- Personal expenses not mentioned above
- Tips (for tour guide, drivers, the crew, etc.)
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Weapons or sharp objects
- Food and drinks
• Advanced registration of your name, passport number, visa, nationality and gender of all passengers is required
• The swimming/kayak activities may be cancelled due to bad weather, and the unused service is non-refundable
• A first aid kit is available at reception on the boat. Life jackets are in the drawer under your bed. No smoking is allowed in the restaurant or cabins
• Please be aware of long jelly fish in season