Lake Atitlan Full-Day Tour from Guatemala City
Pickup includedGuatemala City hotels
- Visit the most wonderful lake in Latin America, Lake Atitlan
- Enjoy the magnificent view of volcanoes Toliman, San Pedro and Atitlan
- Learn about Santiago Atitlán, the most ancient cultural village around the lake
- Have the opportunity to get in touch with the local people and their culture
Departing from Guatemala City in the morning, travel to Panajachel. Then take a public boat across Atitlán and visit Santiago Atitlán, where you will learn about the local saint; Maximon. Enjoy the vibrant colors and local flavor of this village as you experience the traditional Tz’utujil Mayan lifestyle.
Santiago is the most popular lakeside settlement outside Panajachel, and many atitecos (as its people are known) cling to a traditional Tz’utujil Mayan lifestyle. Women weave and wear huipiles (tunics) embroidered with brilliantly-colored birds and flowers, and the cofradías towns maintain the ceremonies and rituals of tradition — the syncretic traditions and practices of Mayan Catholicism. There’s also a large arts and crafts scene here as well.
You'll then be given free time for lunch, after which you’ll be returned to Guatemala City via Antigua Guatemala.
- Hotel pickup from Guatemala City hotels
- Visit to Santiago Atitlán
- Roundtrip in boat from Panajachel to Santiago Atitlán
- Food and drinks
- Optional gratuities
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
• Tours include bilingual guide (English and Spanish)
• It is recommended that you bring walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, and a camera
• Please contact the local supplier if you need a guide in any other language. French, German and Italian-speaking guides are available, subject to additional costs and guide availability.
• For groups of 10 persons or more, please contact the local suppler to arrange