This activity has GetYourGuide's stamp of approval! Exceptional customer service, knowledgeable staff, and a great time guaranteed.
Learn about the fortress and palace on a 3-hour tour of the Alhambra, Granada. Then, take a stroll through the gardens of the Generalife Palace. See highlights such as the Gate of Pomegranates.
About this activity
Duration 3 hours
Skip the line
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Cancel up to 4 days in advance for a full refund
Select date, participants and language:
Journey back to the days of the Moors in Spain
Stroll among the flowers and fountains of the Generalife
Admire the architectural styles of the Alhambra
See superb examples of Islamic décor
Walk through the Gate of Pomegranates
Discover an exquisite example of the medieval Persian gardens of Al-Andalus
Journey back to the days of the Moors in Spain on a 3-hour tour of Granada, and see the city’s two most iconic monuments in one of its most historic neighborhoods. Learn the history of the palatial city and Royal House, and why it was declared a National Monument in 1870.
Enter the vast complex of the Alhambra and hear about its great influence and importance in the history of Spain. Get essential information about the architectural styles at the Alhambra, including the beautiful Gate of Pomegranates. See the monument to Washington Irving, who lived in the palace when he wrote Tales of the Alhambra.
Walk past the Pillar of Charles V fountain, erected in 1554 along the route that leads to the main entrance of the Alhambra. Admire the diverse architectural styles inside the grounds of the palace, such as the Islamic motifs of the courtyards and the fountains and water features of the Generalife.
The Generalife (Architect's Garden) was the summer palace of the Nasrid Emirs, and is one of the oldest surviving gardens of the Moors. Admire the Jardím de la Sultana (Courtyard of the Cypress) and Patio de la Acequia (Court of the Water Channel) with its long pool framed by flowerbeds, fountains, colonnades and pavilions. Discover an exquisite example of the medieval Persian gardens of Al-Andalus.
Walking tour through the Alhambra
Ticket to the Alcazaba
Ticket to the Palace of Charles V
Ticket to the Generalife Gardens
Professional bilingual guide simultaneously in two languages
• Please provide the full name, date of birth and ID details for each participant while booking. This information is required in advance for permission to enter the Alhambra
• The Alhambra reserves the right of admission to those clients who have not provided all the required data. If you have not sent all the information requested, you may be denied access to the monument for reasons completely unrelated to the tour guide
• You must bring your ID or Passport with you. The staff of Alhambra can require it at any moment and you will not be able to access the monument without it
• Please note that this tour is not available on December 25th or January 1st
• Please be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the tour start time
• Please note this tour is simultaneously in Spanish and English
• Some parts of the Alhambra are not accessible by wheelchair. There is an alternative itinerary for those with limited mobility
• Nasrid Palaces are not included on this tour