Geneva: Taste My Swiss City Self-Guided Food Tour
- Discover Geneva through the eyes of a local as you discover off the beaten track food spots
- Enjoy a drink or snack at each of the 4 authentic places included in the tour
- Follow the instructions given on your tour voucher to discover the carefully chosen stops
- Explore independently within the opening hours noted in your voucher
Next, stop at a true Geneva institution, the Brasserie de l'Hôtel de Ville. Embark on a real historic journey through Old Geneva as you learn about how in 1600, the current restaurant was the city's guard room and soldiers in armor gathered in this tavern to eat. Today, film and theatre stars mix with the establishment's diverse clientele to enjoy the region's traditional dishes. Here you can try a cheese fondue or lake perch fillets - it's up to you to decide.
After discovering Geneva throughout the day, try a designer cocktail in the cozy bar of the 5* Grand Hôtel Metropole, located just by the lake. Experience this privileged meeting place for Geneva's locals, as this lounge area in the heart of the city offers you a refined and well-deserved break.
Last but not least head to Café du Remor. Find out how 3 of the family's 4 boys, Bortolo, Peppino and Giorgio, left their native village to set up their first ice-cream shop in Hamburg. Life then took them all over the world to Geneva, where each of them developed his own business. Giorgio Remor, became an emblematic figure of Geneva, and from father to son, Café Remor has remained a true institution. Here you will try a delicious homemade pastry and receive a hot drink.
- 1 meal and/or drink in every location
- Gratuities (optional)
Prepare for the activity
This selfguided food tour brings you to 4 stops in walking distance. You choose when you want start (check opening hours of restaurants). Chez Philippe Le Bar Passage des Lion – Rue du Rhône8, 1204 Genève Opening hours: Mon-Sun 11:00 am - 11:00 pm Brasserie de l’Hôtel de ville Grand rue 39, 1204 Genève Opening hours: Mon-Sun 11:30 am - 11:00 pm Hôtel Metropole The Mirror bar Quai du Général Guisan 34, 1204 Genève Opening hours: Mon-Sun 10:30 am - 01:00 am Café du Remor Place du Cirque 3, 1204 Genève Opening hours: Mon-Sun 07:00 am - 01:00 amOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• The confirmation voucher includes directions, opening hours and contact information
• Please check the opening hours of all the food stops before you go on the tour