Geelong: 1.5-Hour Dolphin and Seal Eco Adventure Cruise
- Explore the beauty and richness of the bay, home to dolphins, seals, seabirds, and migrating whales
- Enjoy a personalised experience in a small group with an expert guide
- Marvel at the 20-million-year-old sandy cliffs from an eco-style rigid inflatable boat
Tour Port Phillip Bay and cruise by the Ticonderoga Bay Dolphin Sanctuary as you look at the cliffs leading to Point Nepean and the original defense forts precinct built to guard the entrance to Port Phillip Bay. Known as The Rip, this is where the waters of the bay meet the seas of Bass Strait. Passing by protected marine parks and Ramsar Convention wetlands, you'll enjoy 360-degree views from the open vessel.
During the summer months, the migratory shearwater birds congregate en masse with thousands upon thousands of birds rafting together on the water's surface. Australian fur seals, once hunted excessively for their pelts, are now fully protected and enjoy resting on a manmade haul-out platform in the bay. Here the seals get out of the water and rest after days of fishing. Seeing them up close you will be mesmerized by their presence and adore their features.
From around June through to August (winter), along the southern coast of Victoria, the waters are home to the migration passages of whales. Sightings of humpback, southern right and killer whales are increasing year on year. Visits into Port Phillip Bay are becoming more frequent and it's possible to gain some amazing sightings.
- Qualified and experienced local guides
- National park fees
- Blankets and light spray jacket
- Amazing photo opportunities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Children under 5 years
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
- People with mobility impairments
- People with heart problems
Prepare for the activity
Sorrento Pier, at the very end of the pier at the seaward end. Walk out the main pier and turn to the left hand side at the end. Your guide will meet you at the rigid inflatable eco boat. Sorrento is located on Victoria's spectacular Mornington Peninsula. Address: Sorrento Pier Esplanade Sorrento VIC 3943Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Warm clothing
- Luggage or large bags
• It is highly recommended that you wear clothing that you don't mind getting wet, including shoes
• Children must be accompanied by an adult