Galle: Small Group Morning Cycling and Tuk-Tuk Tour
- Experience the serene seaside town of Galle by bike
- Cycle through the scenic town and laid-back villages
- Admire beautiful Buddhist temples, beaches, and palm trees
- Get a sense of local life as you watch villagers go about their day
- Trade bikes for tuk-tuks on a relaxing ride along the coast
Along the way you’ll see locals busy with their daily activities and, if there’s time, you can stop to talk to them to learn more about their culture and daily routines. Galle is famous for its beautiful beaches, but lesser known is Koggala Lagoon that lends even more beauty to this already scenic area. As you ride by the water, keep a look out for the abundant birdlife as well as the small islands that dot the lagoon. If you’re hungry, your guide can stop for some snacks to refuel before trading bikes for tuk-tuks.
Ride in a tuk-tuk past beautiful beaches along the coast to your end point of the tour. Along the way, you’ll pass the free-trade zone and a few markets where you’ll hear the hustling of vendors trying to get their sales done for the day.
Your Galle tour comes to an end when you reach Hotel Sanmira. At this point, you’re free to head back to your hotel or take the same tuk-tuk (at your own cost) somewhere else. If you need some sightseeing inspiration, ask your guide or hotel staff who will be happy to give you some suggestions.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Bicycle hire
- Bottled water
- 2 snacks at 2 different stops
- Tuk-tuk ride
- Additional food and drinks
- Children under 12 years
- People who can't ride a bike
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Unawatuna Post Office, 133 Eramudugaha Junction, Unawatuna. The post office is easy to find; tuk-tuk drivers should know it. It’s located 1.1km past the southern expressway entrance towards Matara.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
• You will need to be able to cycle 20 kilometers for this tour
• Vegetarian and other dietary restrictions can be accommodated