Botanical Garden Cable Car Ticket
- Ride the Funchal Botanical Garden cable car, with a choice of a single or round-trip ticket
- Take in stunning views of the Bay of Funchal, the surrounding mountains, and the sea
- Travel between the important attractions of Monte village and the Botanical Garden
Start out near the Botanical Garden, located about 3 kilometers from the center of Funchal. The Botanical Garden was created in 1960 and quickly became one of the major attractions on the island of Madeira.
The cable car will take you over the Valley of João Gomes Ribeira, passing forest-covered mountains. Take some spectacular photos of the Bay of Funchal, the surrounding mountains, and the sea. The ride takes approximately 15 minutes.
Your trip ends at the village of Monte, at an elevation of 1,025 meters above sea level. Monte is a small village that was initially a health resort for the upper classes in the early 20th century. Today it is one of Funchal’s main attractions and the site for trying a toboggan ride down the hill.
Depending on the option selected you can end your journey in Monte or take the cable car back to the Botanical Garden.
The cable car was designed and operates in accordance with the most strict European and international security standards, ensuring that you can focus on enjoying the ride.
- Cable car ticket (1-way or round-trip, depending on option booked)
- Botanical Garden admission ticket
- Toboggan ride
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Prepare for the activity
• If you have a round-trip cable car ticket you should validate the ticket on both directions on the
• Children under 15 years of age should be accompanied by an adult
• After the tickets are issued refunds are not possible (except in the case of severe weather conditions, technical malfunction, or energy failure)
• The Botanical garden cable car ride is only to/from Monte to the Botanical Garden. It is not located in the Funchal center, so you should go by bus (31A or 29), taxi or by car instead