Fridheimar: Icelandic Horse Stable Visit and 5-Gait Demo
- Meet and greet Icelandic horses
- Learn a lot about the history and nature of these special animals
- See the five different gaits of the Icelandic horse
- Take unique pictures and enjoy a coffee or tea with the horses
While enjoying a cup of coffee or tea, specialists will tell you all about what makes the Icelandic horse unique, as well as their historic significance and how they are used today. Then you can meet the horses inside the stables, pet them, and take pictures.
As a highlight, one horse is shown ridden around the oval track. Witness the five gaits of the Icelandic horse during a exciting demonstration; see the horse walk, trot, and gallop and witness the special tölt and flying pace.
- Presentation about the nature and history of the Icelandic horse
- One-rider horse show
- Ability to pet and take photos with the horses
- Coffee and tea
- Feeding and riding the horses
Prepare for the activity
Please check in at the reception of the restaurant in the open greenhouse on the Fridheimar Farm. Arrive 10 minutes before the activity starts. The Fridheimar Farm is situated in the Golden Circle, around one hour and 15 minutes from Reykjavik.Open in Google Maps ⟶