Skip-the-Line: Best Walking Tour with Accademia Gallery
- Introduce yourself to the city of Florence – this tour will help you get oriented and better organize the remainder of your stay
- Skip the line at the Accademia Gallery, where you can marvel at Michelangelo’s statue of David
- See the famous Duomo, the magnificent Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore
Begin the tour with skip-the-line access to the Accademia Gallery where you will have the unique opportunity to see Michelangelo’s statue of the Slaves and his magnificent 17-foot marble masterpiece, the David.
Then walk towards the astounding Florence Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, from where Brunelleschi’s dome dominates the skyline of Florence and never ceases to impress. Gaze at the Baptistry Doors by Ghiberti, coined the “Gates of Paradise” by Michelangelo and get an up-close view of the Duomo, where your guide will tell you interesting facts about the building.
During the walking tour, learn about the fascinating history of Florence as you visit the heart of the Renaissance Civic and Political Center, famous for its ancient statues and glorious fountains.
Make your way towards the famous Uffizi Gallery and the Medieval Palazzo Vecchio. Continue on to the Religious Center, stopping at the Church of Orsanmichele, where you will admire ingenious statues by famed artists such as Donatello, Ghiberti, and Verrocchio.
Rub the nose of the legendary boar, “il Porcellino” to ensure a return to Florence and visit Piazza della Repubblica, once the Ancient Forum, now a popular meeting place for famous writers, artists, and locals.
The tour ends at Lungarno, facing the Ponte Vecchio Bridge.
- 3-hour group walking tour with a maximum of 19 people
- Local expert guide
- Skip-the-line entrance and tour of the Accademia Gallery
- Visit the Duomo from outside
- Hotel pick-up/drop off
- Skip-the-line entrance at the Duomo
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
• Guests with wheelchairs or mobility impairments cannot be accommodated on group tours. Pushchairs or strollers also cannot be accommodated