Private Full-Day Brunello Wine Tour of Montalcino
Pickup includedPickup from your accommodation in Florence
- Dedicate a day to one of the most renowned wines in the world - Brunello di Montalcino
- Visit the medieval town of Montalcino, birthplace of Brunello wine
- Enjoy Brunello wine tastings at two of the region's finest wineries
- Stroll along the winding streets of Montalcino, stocked with wine shops and local artisan products
- Climb the battlements of Montalcino for an amazing view across the Orcia Valley
Montalcino is a strikingly beautiful medieval town, sitting atop a hill offering one of the most extraordinary views in Tuscany. The rolling hills of the surrounding countryside are a mosaic of green fields, olive groves, and some of the most artfully cultivated vineyards in all of Italy. During the drive from Florence you will be introduced to the region, its history, and its wine designations. The road leading to Montalcino winds through the vineyards and open fields of the producers of one of Italy's most exquisite wines, the preeminent Brunello di Montalcino.
The famous Brunello grape (Sangiovese Grosso) has its origins and exclusive growth in Montalcino. Brunello di Montalcino was invented more than a century ago and has become one of the most famous wines in the world, prized and praised by important wine critics, collectors, and connoisseurs.
Visit two celebrated vineyards that produce Brunello wine and discover just how this wine is produced and what makes it special as you gain an insight into the aging process and the use of the oak barrels. Along with a thorough understanding of how this premium wine is crafted, you will enjoy tastings to satisfy your thirst for fine wine in addition to your thirst for knowledge.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off service
- Private transportation in a deluxe van
- Services of an English-speaking driver/guide
- 2 wine tastings
- Optional activity costs
- Personal expenses